Hextravaganza's DnD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Screen Shopping

4 posters

Go down

Off-Screen Shopping Empty Off-Screen Shopping

Post  Genisisect Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Ok guys here's the place where you can do off screen shopping.

Remember only use this if we expect to visit a town at the next session, and only request items that are sufficiently "common" in the town your visiting. Don't expect me to approve the purchase of a +5 Vorpral long sword when your next town is a hamlet. A safe guideline would be not to request magical equipment unless your at a very large city.
Genisisect
Genisisect
Admin

https://hexdnd.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Off-Screen Shopping Empty Re: Off-Screen Shopping

Post  KnifeytheWanderer Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 am

Kind of weird, but my vial of ink exploded because of the shatter spell in the dungeon so I guess I need a new one of those.

Yeah, Tharry caught fire and Knifey got inked (whenever I say that the line from Finding Nemo plays in my head).

Also while I don't know if this is the best place to say it, I would like to dump a good amount of the gold I'm carrying in our bank. I don't know how much one gold piece weighs, but I know I'm carrying a decent amount and would like to remove (and then calculate exactly how much extra weight in gold I'm carrying so I can accurately access Knifey's lifting).

All in all though, I'd like to have the amount of gold he's carrying weigh about 4lbs or less since that would keep him under light lifting. He's currently got 1451gp on him, so if I knew how much 1gp weighed I'd be able to figure out how much I'd need to dump in the bank.

((and at some point, he needs to get better armour (or some armour boosting trinkets) and sell his shield. I just want to wield my Bastard Sword Mindblade without losing 3 AC points dang it -and even better if it's mithral since I think that removes the armour penalty wooh!-))
((of course I'm not trying to give you loot ideas or anything))
((okay I'm sorry for being a pain please don't destroy Knifey I just want him to be more useful and I'm really bad at that))
((flees into the night))
KnifeytheWanderer
KnifeytheWanderer

http://heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharivol Liadon Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 am

If you want, Knifey - I have the account information, so I can go ahead and add your sum of money to the account (as long as William approves). Of course, it won't be in the account in-game until we reach Faughlien, so you won't be relieved of that weight in-game until that point either.

If you both agree, I'll add 1451g to the bank - I'm assuming that you are happy to use it for the group then? Not that I think it will be touched, since we now have 75000g to add to it - there's plenty to go around. Just keep a record somewhere (it will be on my records as well) as to how much of the money in the bank you actually own. I will do the same and add my 1000g or so to the account as well.

And Tharry got plenty inked as well - I was carrying two vials of ink. Very Happy 

Also, I'm about to read your writing piece in the character histories forum!
Tharivol Liadon
Tharivol Liadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharivol Liadon Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm

I would like to buy 2 vials of ink, 20 sheets of parchment, 3 vials of Alchemist's Fire, an hourglass, a small steel mirror, and 20 empty vials.

That should come to 135g all together. With your permission Genisisect, I will re-stock on these items. I will wait on the spellbook, because Tharry needs to discover that he doesn't need it, which might happen in the two days before the city.

I will pay out of my own gold, so I don't need the permission of the party.
Tharivol Liadon
Tharivol Liadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Genisisect Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Tharry your all clear!

Knifey; each coin ways 1/50 pounds. You can purchase more ink it costs 8gp per vial. Though magical armout / protective trinkets are beyond the scope of this forum.

Finally im more then happy for banking to be managed here aswelll

Genisisect, the DM
Genisisect
Genisisect
Admin

https://hexdnd.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharivol Liadon Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Good to hear - I have the bank details - if anyone has any banking to do, make sure I approve it Very Happy
Tharivol Liadon
Tharivol Liadon

Back to top Go down

Post  KnifeytheWanderer Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Alright, well I'd like to carry a small amount of gold on me, possibly 100gp (so I suppose that'd be 2lbs in total, unless my maths is wrong which it may very well be) and I'd need 8gp for my ink vial so...

I'd like to submit 1343gp to the bank! I'm fine with it being used by the group, of course! (and ah, okay, I'll keep track of how much money I've submitted to the bank.)

(and don't worry, I know that magical armour and the like are beyond the scope of this forum thread. I'm just being a pest, sobs.)

As a sidenote, not sure if this is the best place to say it, but would people like for me to post a list of what is currently on the mules? I'll add a few things to the mules that I was never told were on there (like no one ever informed me that we were putting the ten foot extendable pole on them, but I'll assume it's on there since whoever did end up with it forgot to write it down and, well, the mules can easily carry it.)

ACTUALLY, looking over the list of items on the mules, I've just discovered we have 2000gp sitting on Brunhilda. So I suppose we can add that to the bank when we get there.
KnifeytheWanderer
KnifeytheWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharivol Liadon Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 am

Good idea - we need a second location for writing down what is on the mules, so everyone is aware.

What are their names again? Brunhilda and...? I should know for Tharry's records.
Tharivol Liadon
Tharivol Liadon

Back to top Go down

Post  KnifeytheWanderer Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:53 am

Not going to lie, the other mule has just been called 'the other mule' because no one named it. Ivelliohn and Knifey named Brunhilda (since Knifey bought it, and besides, Brunhilda's a fighting name!) whereas I'm fairly certain that Dimble paid for the other one, yet he made no claims to name it so...any ideas? (I just looked up names meaning 'nameless' for my amusement and I found Anamika and Fearganainm. Not quite sure those are names we want for our mule, considering I'm not even sure how to pronounce that last one.)

Also, going to go request a thread for the mules.

(and with that, will probably cease this line of conversation as it's getting a little off-topic, ah.)
KnifeytheWanderer
KnifeytheWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnTheRanger Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 am

John pops over the smith or the armoury or wherever he needs to go to pick up a masterwork steel buckler and a dagger. He feels he needs a bit more protection if he’s going to be in a full scale battle. Subtract 167 GP from his share of the money stored in the bank (I'm not sure where that's dealt with on the forums...).
JohnTheRanger
JohnTheRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum